Photo
- - - - -

What's tha story on Venky's being at Ewood last night?

• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Maureen

Mr Maureen

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Surprised virtually nothing is being spoken about their appearance on this message board.

Am I correct in saying they rolled up then rolled off without a mutter of protest ?

#2 Rover_Shaun

Rover_Shaun

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4958 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Not a lot of people seemed to notice them being there it was so unexpected. I only became aware of it after an hour.

And in all honesty I think people were trying to support the team rather than create a negative atmosphere.

Plus the fans collective will has been broken

#3 AggyBlue

AggyBlue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Surprised virtually nothing is being spoken about their appearance on this message board.

Am I correct in saying they rolled up then rolled off without a mutter of protest ?

They didn't 'roll up then rolled off.

They sneaked in and sneaked out. The vast majority didn't know they were there.

Posted Image

#4 SIMON GARNERS 194

SIMON GARNERS 194

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10596 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Sneaked in,sneaked out...the real measure of this lot running our club.

Pathetic.

Blackburn Rovers....THE most successful town club in the land!

SOS...Save our club from Venky's!!

#5 Majiball

Majiball

Prince of BRFCS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10564 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

They didn't 'roll up then rolled off.

They sneaked in and sneaked out. The vast majority didn't know they were there.

COWARDS

They've shown their lack of 80ll0cks from day one and the JW sacking.

They make the choices and they don't even have the courage to stand by them in front of the fans.

"To be the best Jockey in the World do you have to have been a top Race Horse?"

"For what is the best choice, for each individual is the highest it is possible for him to achieve."

Official member of TPOD (The Posse of Doom)

#6 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24004 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Sneaked in and out and didn't show rovers the respect of attending a full match!!!!!

I GET SLAGGED FOR BEING NEGATIVE...WHAT DOES THIS MAKE THE ONES WHO ARE HAPPY WE GOT KNOCKED OUT BY SCUNTHORPE OR THE ONES WHO THINK WE SHOULD NOT BE BEATING CARDIFF AT HOME OR THE NON STOP ROBBO BASHERS? AT LEAST MY HATE IS TARGETED AWAY FROM THE TEAM!!!! AND NOW WORST OF ALL SCOTCH ROVER WANTS FORGIVENESS AND USES DINGLESISMS WANTING THE SCUM TO LIVE FOREVER!

#7 EwoodDawn

EwoodDawn

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Perhaps if any ITK people know where they are staying, they could print off a few copies of Preston Blue/Perth Blue's Keano Bulls...-o-matic toilet roll or the scum block ad and leave them lying around for them to find. Just so they'd really get a feel for how they are (not) appreciated in these parts.
I am NOT an idiot.

#8 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27455 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Balaji has shaved off the pony tail.

#9 AllRoverAsia

AllRoverAsia

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2054 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Perhaps if any ITK people know where they are staying, they could print off a few copies of Preston Blue/Perth Blue's Keano Bulls...-o-matic toilet roll or the scum block ad and leave them lying around for them to find. Just so they'd really get a feel for how they are (not) appreciated in these parts.

Preferably of the 'used' variety

My first Rovers game was at Ewood Park on Saturday 7th September 1963, Rovers 7 v Spurs 2 (McEvoy 4,Douglas 1,England 1,Pickering 1)

Rovers team: Else,Bray,Newton,Clayton,England,McGrath,Ferguson,McEvoy,Pickering,Douglas,Harrison. Attendance: 20,949

Only 3 in the Rovers team cost a transfer fee: Else £20k, Harrison £20k and Ferguson £2k

#10 Pedro

Pedro

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm shocked people are saying that they sneaked in and it was low key etc. They were surrounded by stewards and Bilaji's earing could be seen glimmering all the way from the Blackburn End. Venkatesh was there for most of the match but Bilaji disappeared for a while when we went 2 nil down.

Did they buy Neville's house or not?

#11 DE.

DE.

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9125 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Balaji cannot have an interest in football if he left at 2-2 with the game hanging in the balance, particularly with "his" team having a one man advantage. Not sure what the point was in them showing up to be honest - maybe they were discussing Kean's extended contract and a pay rise for doing such a wonderful job.

Edited by DE4life, 11 April 2012 - 11:20 AM.

We're down and troubled, in search for better days

Back to the beginning, we're at the end again

All of my time, compressed to itching moments

As the future repeats today

#12 perthblue02

perthblue02

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3540 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

They heard the ladies team had won a trophy so were here to collect that and take it neal's to be weighed in , bloody ages to wait for the big sky cash pay day

Edited by perthblue02, 11 April 2012 - 11:25 AM.

Born 1875 courtesy of John Lewis and Arthur Constantine -  Revived 1986 courtesy of  Jack Walker -  Set on the Path to Destruction 2010  courtesy of Venky's , The Plan & their Associates  

#13 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14818 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'm shocked people are saying that they sneaked in and it was low key etc. They were surrounded by stewards and Bilaji's earing could be seen glimmering all the way from the Blackburn End. Venkatesh was there for most of the match but Bilaji disappeared for a while when we went 2 nil down.

+1

The more pertinent question isn't "why did no-one scream 'Venkys Out'?" (as though it would achieve anything) but "why were they here at all?"
"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#14 bob fleming

bob fleming

Bob Flemming

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6926 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Did they buy Neville's house or not?

They probably rented it for six months and turned it into a pig sty. They then decided it was too expensive and left. They now stop in a 4 man tent just behind Darwen Tower whenever they decide to take in 10 minutes or so of a football match involving the club they 'bought'.

I, and those round me in the BBE, had no idea they were there last night. Possibly too focused on the car crash of a performance on the pitch.

So what did they learn from last nights visit and the health of their "baby"? Nothing that any fan (apart from braddock / agnew) couldn't have told them months ago.

Oh, look, there I go again, assuming they actually give a damn. They never have and never will.

#15 booth

booth

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Thought I'd mention that in the Jack Walker Lower, a few lads unfurled a banner when we went 2-0 down saying something like Please Leave the Club - Venky's Please Sell or words to that effect. Within moments they were surrounded by stewards and the banner was removed. Then the lads spent the next twenty minutes being harassed by stewards then several police. The heavy handedness with which Ewood is being policed these days is extraordinary. You would have thought that someone had set fire to the stadium. Thing is the heavy handedness is more likely to incite violence and angry scenes.
Tash Force (new version), out on April 23rd in all good retailers.

#16 DE.

DE.

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9125 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Thought I'd mention that in the Jack Walker Lower, a few lads unfurled a banner when we went 2-0 down saying something like Please Leave the Club - Venky's Please Sell or words to that effect. Within moments they were surrounded by stewards and the banner was removed. Then the lads spent the next twenty minutes being harassed by stewards then several police. The heavy handedness with which Ewood is being policed these days is extraordinary. You would have thought that someone had set fire to the stadium. Thing is the heavy handedness is more likely to incite violence and angry scenes.

Did you not read the reasons for not having banners at the game, booth? Somebody could slip over. Hope the police arrested the lads, their thoughtless actions could have ended in tragedy!

We're down and troubled, in search for better days

Back to the beginning, we're at the end again

All of my time, compressed to itching moments

As the future repeats today

#17 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21891 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

B0llox. The steards were simply trying to stop them getting to Kean....which is fair enough.

There was a bunch of muppets, about 15 of them in yellow & black (Was Mullen one of them?) - they had a banner at 2-0. At 2-2 they sat down and behaved. But then as it went 3-2 the banners came out again and they were trying to get attention off the sky cameras.

Not there to support the team, simply to get on tv and try to create a bad atmosphere. They protested and we lost....but no doubt they will continue to claim we only win when they protest! :unsure:

As for Venkys hiding - they were sat outside in the Jack walker box....how is that hiding? I knew they were attending the game at around 2pm in the afternoon, hardly sneaked in and out.

Edited by Hughesy, 11 April 2012 - 11:48 AM.

The best way to predict your future is to create it!!

#18 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

You really are odd Hughesy.

The club is collapsing and you are concering yourself with a dozen lads in yellow tshirts?

#19 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24004 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Muppets ? You really are as deluded as kean

Edited by ABBEY, 11 April 2012 - 11:52 AM.

I GET SLAGGED FOR BEING NEGATIVE...WHAT DOES THIS MAKE THE ONES WHO ARE HAPPY WE GOT KNOCKED OUT BY SCUNTHORPE OR THE ONES WHO THINK WE SHOULD NOT BE BEATING CARDIFF AT HOME OR THE NON STOP ROBBO BASHERS? AT LEAST MY HATE IS TARGETED AWAY FROM THE TEAM!!!! AND NOW WORST OF ALL SCOTCH ROVER WANTS FORGIVENESS AND USES DINGLESISMS WANTING THE SCUM TO LIVE FOREVER!

#20 mjs

mjs

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1375 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

There was a bunch of muppets, about 15 of them in yellow & black (Was Mullen one of them?) - they had a banner at 2-0. At 2-2 they sat down and behaved. But then as it went 3-2 the banners came out again and they were trying to get attention off the sky cameras.

Why are they muppets for tryong to highlight what is the best way forward for the club.

The real muppets arethose fans that are in denial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users