#21 Amo

Amo

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14637 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 17:55 PM

It appears that all journalists are obliged to continue peddling this nonsense:

'Blackburn's fans have been heavily criticised for their treatment of Kean. Indeed, the personal abuse aimed at the manager during the 2-1 home defeat by Bolton in December was among the worst I have heard.'

Must have conveniently forgot West Ham fans calling Roeder "tumor boy".
The artist formerly known as Topman

#22 Glenn

Glenn

BDFL (retired)

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10935 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 18:07 PM

Hmm, looks like they've taken a post from this website, re-written it slightly and attributed to some guy called Gordon...

http://www.brfcs.co....ost__p__1250837

Gordon Moulden. That name rings a bell! :D

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize. ~Voltaire
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ~ Benjamin Franklin

#23 Lurid Coat

Lurid Coat

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1192 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 18:08 PM

http://www.telegraph...eat-escape.html

^ Good Henry Winter piece.

#24 SouthAussieRover

SouthAussieRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5292 posts

• ST Block: SO15

Posted 09 May 2012 - 00:11 AM

A worrying article by Henry Winter:

http://www.telegraph...-off-looms.html

#25 rebelmswar

rebelmswar

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5125 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 00:38 AM

A worrying article by Henry Winter:

http://www.telegraph...-off-looms.html

I have said for a long while that the selling off of all the land as one of the main reasons that they bought us for in the first place.

Disaster does not begin to describe the shambles that is about to occur.
Everyone I meet is in some way my superior.

#26 RevidgeBlue

RevidgeBlue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14562 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 00:44 AM

I have said for a long while that the selling off of all the land as one of the main reasons that they bought us for in the first place.

I am fairly certain that there are covenants preventing any further development on Brockhall, so it would be pointless anyone buying for that purpose.

Someone was however saying after the match that apparently there is some land separate from the training complex which has been put up for sale, which might be what is being referred to by the "source".

Appleton out. Entertainment in.

"Buy first division players - we'll get first division football" - Den.

#27 RoyRover

RoyRover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4658 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 00:48 AM

Must have conveniently forgot West Ham fans calling Roeder "tumor boy".

Or United fans chanting in unison, "Sit down you paedophile" at Arsene Wenger.
Certainly not when you've got Liberia's deficit in your Sky Rocket!

#28 RoyRover

RoyRover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4658 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 00:58 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9239025/Blackburn-Rovers-relegated-from-Premier-League-as-Antolin-Alcaraz-scores-only-goal-in-Wigans-great-escape.html

^ Good Henry Winter piece.

This is a good piece. Henry Winter has had some sensible things to say about what's gone on this season. Although I do wish he and other respected journalists would drop all this 'abuse' nonsense.

The only bad thing about this article are the comments below. There's the usually guff about Rovers fans being a disgrace, if they supported their team instead of protesting, they won't be missed, poor Steve Kean and it goes on. I'm exhausted after trying to defend the Rovers support and open people eyes to what has gone on, on The Guardian website, so won't be going near this one.

Speaking of The Guardian, David Conn has written an excellent piece. I've commented below under Patrick Coyle. Like all the other articles written, they have very good. But they are too late. This stuff should have been presented months ago.

The sands of time are running out for Mr Kean and I for one cannot bloody wait !

One day, hopefully soon, a reporter will have the cajones to forget about Paul Agnew lurking in the corner and openly quiz Steve Kean on all he has said and done. It will make for compelling viewing.

Edited by RoyRover, 09 May 2012 - 00:56 AM.

Certainly not when you've got Liberia's deficit in your Sky Rocket!

#29 rebelmswar

rebelmswar

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5125 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

I am fairly certain that there are covenants preventing any further development on Brockhall, so it would be pointless anyone buying for that purpose.

Someone was however saying after the match that apparently there is some land separate from the training complex which has been put up for sale, which might be what is being referred to by the "source".

I hope you are right.

These snakes could wriggle through glass.
Everyone I meet is in some way my superior.

#30 perthblue02

perthblue02

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3718 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

Tony Parkes interview My link
Born 1875 courtesy of John Lewis and Arthur Constantine -  Revived 1986 courtesy of  Jack Walker -  Set on the Path to Destruction 2010  courtesy of Venky's , The Plan & their Associates  

#31 preston blue

preston blue

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4389 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Good media but all too late!
Venkys are Kean !!

#32 moerpho

moerpho

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Found a really good article written by James Lawton for The Independent:

http://www.independe...ns-7723278.html

Hard to disagree....
"Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or loose, its how drunk you get."
- Homer Simpson

#33 True Blue & White

True Blue & White

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 15:03 PM

When they took over I told the story of Firoz Kassam who bought my hometwon club Oxford United and asset stripped it but was very careful at the time in case I was accussed of racism (just because he was Indian).

I can see what happened at Oxford happening at Ewood. Basically the only reason Kassam was interested in Oxford was so he could get the high value commercial land and buildings that were being built with the new Stadium. Once United had settled it and all the businesses were up and running he sold the club whilst keeping all of the property associated with it.

So not only does he own all the restaurants, the cinema, the hotel and the bowling multiplex he still even own the stadium itself! That's right Oxford United have to pay rent to their former owner just to play football there!

Kasaam left Oxford with all the finincial bonuses of the businesses associated with the team but without any of the hassle or costs of running a football club. I can see something similar happening to Rovers in the future whereby we get new owners but Venky still own the bricks and mortar.
If Rovers are Venky's 'baby' then Balaji, Venkatesh and Mrs Desai must be our Steven Barker, Jason Owen and Tracey Connelly.

#34 perthblue02

perthblue02

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3718 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 15:22 PM

ok here's one , has a go at Venky's etc but blaming Rovers supporters for being unrealistic My link

Now hes spreading this s*** on twitter
@mihirbose
#Venky's may have proved dreadful owners but #Blackburn fans need to be more realistic http://bit.ly/JxfaTE #BRFC

So if your on twitter send him your thoughts
Born 1875 courtesy of John Lewis and Arthur Constantine -  Revived 1986 courtesy of  Jack Walker -  Set on the Path to Destruction 2010  courtesy of Venky's , The Plan & their Associates  

#35 True Blue & White

True Blue & White

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 15:32 PM

ok here's one , has a go at Venky's etc but blaming Rovers supporters for being unrealistic My link

Just commented on it but it is "awaiting moderation", so in the event it doesn't get published this was my response....

"Can I suggest Mr Bose your opinion on this matter is swayed by the fact Venky’s are your compatriots?

You just couldn't bring yourself to admit that the Premier League’s first Indian owners are screwed up big time and not understood either England or football so are pinning some of the blame on the fans.

And where does you view come from that Rovers fans need to be more realistic? We were happy being a mid-table club that bounced along nicely in the EPL with the odd one off hope of a good year and getting into the Europa League. It was Venky's, not the fans, that talked of Champions League and Ronaldinho, the fans LAUGHED at both of these.

So where does you view come from that Rovers fans are unrealistic? Or are you suggesting we don't deserve to even be in the Prem and should just be grateful for our time there?"

Edited by True Blue & White, 09 May 2012 - 15:33 PM.

If Rovers are Venky's 'baby' then Balaji, Venkatesh and Mrs Desai must be our Steven Barker, Jason Owen and Tracey Connelly.

#36 perthblue02

perthblue02

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3718 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 15:38 PM

And where does you view come from that Rovers fans need to be more realistic? We were happy being a mid-table club that bounced along nicely in the EPL with the odd one off hope of a good year and getting into the Europa League. It was Venky's, not the fans, that talked of Champions League and Ronaldinho, the fans LAUGHED at both of these.

So where does you view come from that Rovers fans are unrealistic? Or are you suggesting we don't deserve to even be in the Prem and should just be grateful for our time there?"[/i]

That was similar to the tweet I sent him (but i said Beckham), getting harder to reply to these in a civilised manor can feel myself getting more and more angry replying to this kind of stuff to people who don't have a clue what has gone on at the club

#37 RibbleValleyRover

RibbleValleyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8631 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 15:53 PM

Where did it all go wrong for Rovers - LT

#38 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 21:20 PM

Where did it all go wrong for Rovers - LT

I've just realized while I never watch - YOURE ON SKY SPORTS.

Jason Cundy, who I despise, has stuck up for Kean and said Kean shouldnt walk away.
Cundy is a thick, self obsessed, arse who knows nothing about football. I'd ring the show to put him right, but I couldn't hold my language and temper!

Hes just asked a Blackpool Fan "Have you GOT your ticket for wembley ?" :wacko:

Well done to Julie, from the Fans Forum and Michael. SKY SH.IT THEMSELVES WHEN MICHAEL SAID "Kean is a compulsive liar!"
Bunch of ****!

Edited by A cup of beans, 09 May 2012 - 21:41 PM.

"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "
Rover of Finland 23/08/2012

#39 True Blue & White

True Blue & White

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 23:28 PM

A cup of beans you'd hate "The Sports Bar" on Talksport then which is presented by Cundy and even bigger tw*t, the 'London Red' Andy Goldstein. It's like some kind of cruel joke putting them on the same show and subjecting the nation to it.

I've always wanted to ask Cundy how he feels about being a Chelsea fan that spent most of his career at Spurs.

Edited by True Blue & White, 09 May 2012 - 23:28 PM.

#40 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 23:31 PM

A cup of beans you'd hate "The Sports Bar" on Talksport then which is presented by Cundy and even bigger tw*t, the 'London Red' Andy Goldstein. It's like some kind of cruel joke putting them on the same show and subjecting the nation to it.

:lol: That is torture. Cundy is worse than Goldstein. Do they still get Noel Gallagher on the show ? It amazed me why Noel wasted his time with them, they must pay well!
"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "
Rover of Finland 23/08/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users