65 replies to this topic

#1 47er

47er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7501 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Just on the News. A club that big------ staggering.

#2 Seggie

Seggie

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1424 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

It looks like Jim White is wearing a Rangers tie on SSN.
Steve Kean get out now

"Scott Dann to reception Please"

#3 Dunnfc

Dunnfc

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1827 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 13:10 PM

Lets hope we arnt stupid enough to let them enter english football.

#4 davulsukur

davulsukur

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2679 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 13:15 PM

Its' like looking into Rovers future.

Edited by davulsukur, 12 June 2012 - 13:16 PM.

TEIAM - Problem Solved

#5 McClarky

McClarky

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2141 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 14:37 PM

It looks like Jim White is wearing a Rangers tie on SSN.

JW is a Rangers fan although he puts a patronising face of neutrality on normally. He used to get pelters
for it when he was on BBCScotland.

#6 Seggie

Seggie

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1424 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 15:08 PM

Must admit it gave me some pleasure seeing him suffer. I don't want many football fans to suffer poor ownership but Whites grovelling snivilling interview with that weasel Anderson makes him not one of the many.
Steve Kean get out now

"Scott Dann to reception Please"

#7 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15206 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 18:16 PM

It's a vote by the other 11 SPL clubs, isn't it? So they'll likely put their own interest first and vote to KEEP Rangers in the league. The gate receipts they'd lose from away fixtures with the Rangers following is significant (we are led to believe although it could be propaganda).

Football fans can be a fickle bunch too so I wouldn't want to gamble on definitely having that as a reason.

Interesting that a rule breach such as this is put to a vote in the SPL these days. Is this a recent innovation brought in now or has this always been the rule? I seem to recall Gretna Green suffering relegation to the third division before going bust. Doesn't seem right to have separate rules?.

I bet Luton Town would have liked a vote by members of the Championship. They would probably have been booted out anyway but it would have been nice to get the chance.

"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#8 Ianrally

Ianrally

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 20:19 PM

It couldn't happen any better as far as I am concerned. Why as tax payers should we be expected to accept 9 pence in the pound. HMRC have done the right thing.
I hope the SFA send them down to division 3.
‎"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - William Shakespeare

#9 T4E

T4E

'''''''''''''

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11300 posts
  • Twitter: @@neilt4e

• ST Block: NO5

Posted 12 June 2012 - 21:11 PM

In a couple of years time this will be us, with Venkys claiming they didn't know they had to pay tax.
Are you a benny tied to a tree?

#10 Baz

Baz

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3617 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 21:24 PM

It couldn't happen any better as far as I am concerned. Why as tax payers should we be expected to accept 9 pence in the pound. HMRC have done the right thing.
I hope the SFA send them down to division 3.

I said a couple of months ago, it the right move to relegate them to the lowest professional tier in Scotland. It shows the authorities have some credibility, gives some of the other SPL clubs a chance to shine, and spreads some of the wealth across the lower Scottish leagues as Rangers visit. There's little doubt that they would be back in 3 years time either. Would feel a bit sorry for some of their fans, as it's the fans that always suffer, but I'm sure they would eventually see it as a positive once they got back to the SPL.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

#11 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21891 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 22:29 PM

If Rangers have any sense, they would apply to join the English league instead....give them a headstart over Celtic anyway.
The best way to predict your future is to create it!!

#12 thenodrog

thenodrog

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34779 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 22:42 PM

In a couple of years time this will be us, with Venkys claiming they didn't know they had to pay tax.

Couple of years? :unsure:
2014/15 Rover Returns :brfc: 

Those whom the Gods seek to destroy they first make mad.....

#13 jim mk2

jim mk2

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12192 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 23:01 PM

Congratulations to the Inland Revenue on clamping down on a clear case of tax evasion. Pity it was Rangers and not the other lot.

Now can the IR pursue with equal vigour all those wealthy individuals and companies who have been avoiding taxes for years and bring them to book ?

Philip Green and Barclays Bank will do for starters.

What's the difference between yoghurt and Australians ? At least yoghurt starts with a little culture.

#14 JAL

JAL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9265 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Is this the test case for the rest of football.

Figures of somewhere between 150m to 250m are being banded about in unpaid taxes from this Scottish club with the directors and owners past and present being hunted down for the cash and the Scottish governing body SFA being implicated in all of this.

If so, this is going to be one of the biggest scandal to come out of British football.

#15 yoda

yoda

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8014 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

Is this the test case for the rest of football.

Figures of somewhere between 150m to 250m are being banded about in unpaid taxes from this Scottish club with the directors and owners past and present being hunted down for the cash and the Scottish governing body SFA being implicated in all of this.

If so, this is going to be one of the biggest scandal to come out of British football.

Scotish football

And one day, when the full story of Steve Kean's managerial reign and the agent Jerome Anderson's involvement at Ewood Park is told, as it must be,

Blackburn supporters will be owed many an apology,                                                R.I.P                 Ruined In Pune

Official member of TPOD (The Posse of Doom)

http://www.sextantpr...tail,pid=53700#

#16 PAFELL

PAFELL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6419 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

It's a vote by the other 11 SPL clubs, isn't it? So they'll likely put their own interest first and vote to KEEP Rangers in the league. The gate receipts they'd lose from away fixtures with the Rangers following is significant (we are led to believe although it could be propaganda).

Football fans can be a fickle bunch too so I wouldn't want to gamble on definitely having that as a reason.

Interesting that a rule breach such as this is put to a vote in the SPL these days. Is this a recent innovation brought in now or has this always been the rule? I seem to recall Gretna Green suffering relegation to the third division before going bust. Doesn't seem right to have separate rules?.

I bet Luton Town would have liked a vote by members of the Championship. They would probably have been booted out anyway but it would have been nice to get the chance.

Mostly celtic and Rangers are the ones who qualify for the european competitions. so no Rangers, would leave a possible place for another club. So you never know how they could vote (other clubs)
VENKYS OUT

#17 davulsukur

davulsukur

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2679 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

Would sky bother to renew any deals without both Rangers and Celtic in the league?

They certainly wouldn't bother if Rangers and then Celtic moved into the English leagues.
TEIAM - Problem Solved

#18 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15206 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

Mostly celtic and Rangers are the ones who qualify for the european competitions. so no Rangers, would leave a possible place for another club. So you never know how they could vote (other clubs)

I don't think any of the Div 1 clubs will take anywhere near as many away fans as Rangers or Celtic.

"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#19 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

Celtic fans are loving their demise and are of the impression they don't need them.

However, as davlur says, Sky won't pay anything like the same for rights an Old Firm free SPL, and Celtic only fill their gorund for OF matches.

#20 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17098 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

Celtic fans are being way too hasty for me

A supervillain is lost without their nemesis as seen in Megamind, same goes for a biggish fish in a puddle!
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users