Cocker

New Games

1711 posts in this topic

Bought final fantasy 15 yesterday. Played a couple of hours last night.

It's really good so far, anyone else played?

I'd like to, but will probably wait for the price to come down first. I've spent quite a lot on VR games (and various other retro games) recently, so FF15 may have to wait until a later date.

I still have 4, 5, 9, 10, 12 and 13 to complete, too, so I'm in no rush :lol:

No doubt about it. The remake will be interesting, but nothing will ever beat the original. I generally play it through at least once a year.

Have to give a shout out to FFVIII too. It gets criticised for its overall storyline, but I absolutely love the atmosphere and game world as a whole.

I participated in a top fifty games ranking on another forum a couple of months ago, FF7 came first (of course) and FF8 came third. FF6 was back in 31st. Never completely understood the hype behind that one.

Has anyone here played Life is Strange? Took me a while to get into it but it got me eventually. It's set out like a Telltale game but it knocks spots off every one of them with better story, characters and also level of detail. Your choices actually have consequences in this game too unlike Telltale. I'm on my third playthrough at the moment and still noticing little details that I missed the other two times, really clever writing. The soundtrack is really amazing too.

I know these story kind of games aren't for everyone but if they are then I highly recommend this one.

I'm planning to pick it up at some point, but I need Steins;Gate Zero first.

Bought final fantasy 15 yesterday. Played a couple of hours last night.

It's really good so far, anyone else played?

More excited about the FFXII HD Remaster than FFXV or the FFVII Remake.

I know it's a bit late to the party but I just finished Beyond: Two Souls this week (borrowing a ps4 off the brother in law), have to say I really enjoyed it. The story was a bit far out but some of the acting in it is first class, some quite emotional moments and a really likeable character played by Ellen Page. I think the reasons they went to extremes with the storyline was to showcase her abilities really. Between that and the sound (which is really top notch), I'd recommend it. Though it is barely a game! Not exactly a wide range of gameplay mechanics involved and pretty linear but still a good experience for me. Although I like the Telltale games, I prefer this game to any of them and they don't even come close to Life Is Strange! 

Heavy Rain next.

Played a lovely little game called The Cave. For Monkey Island fans it's a Ron Gilbert creation. Well worth a look.

1 person likes this

On 26/02/2017 at 7:43 PM, Speedie Dived said:

Played a lovely little game called The Cave. For Monkey Island fans it's a Ron Gilbert creation. Well worth a look.

How many pieces o'eight did you pay Stan for this?:D

Finished Final Fantasy 15 (main story) the other day. Decent game. 

Still got plenty of post game stuff to do.